Purify and Detox Your Body
The body has a natural capability to remove toxins, therefore giving you the ability to strengthen your immune system. The better your detoxification system works, the fewer toxins will enter your body, thus the better your overall health will be. As a result, this will help boost your immune system. In addition, it will also allow your body to function optimally (promote weight loss, etc) because you’re not overworking your body’s system.
The term “toxin” includes internal and external toxins. As an example, toxins can come from internal waste like excess hormones and metabolic waste. Alternatively, they can come from external pollutants, synthetic chemicals, heavy metals, and processed foods — which all negatively affect your health.
Your body is sophisticated in the way it eliminates toxins. This process involves the liver, kidneys, digestive system, skin, and lungs. It is only when these organs are healthy can they effectively eliminate unwanted substances. In short, taking care of it on a regular basis to strengthen your immune system is very important.
9 Detox Pathways to Strengthen Your Immune System
1. Limit Alcohol – Drinking too much alcohol reduces your liver’s ability to carry out its normal functions, such as detoxifying. With this in mind, it is best to limit your alcohol intake. Try drinking an alternative such as Kombucha or our favorite detox tea: Essiac Tea. Ultimately, limiting alcohol helps the liver achieve optimal function to detoxify and join the other organs to strengthen your immune system.
2. Focus on Sleep – Getting quality sleep at the right time of the day is important. For example, sleeping from 10 pm- 5 am is an optimal window and different than sleeping during the day. Generally speaking, adequate sleep allows your brain to reorganize and recharge. In return, this allows your body to eliminate toxins that accumulate throughout the day. In other words, thinking also produces metabolic waste, so take time to give your brain a rest.
3. Drink More Water – Water does so much more than quench your thirst. It allows your body’s detoxification system to remove waste products from your blood. Notably, it regulates your body temperature, lubricates joints, aids digestion, and nutrient absorption, and detoxifies your body by removing waste products.
Above all, drink more water and as a result, you will put yourself on the right path to strengthen your immune system. Recommended Intake as a guideline: Men 125oz female 90 oz (or half your body weight in ounces).
4. Reduce Intake of Sugar and Processed Foods – Excess junk food consumption is linked to chronic diseases like obesity and diabetes. These conditions can cause harm to your live and kidneys, both important for detoxification. As we know, without all organs healthy it is more challenging to strengthen your immune system. With this in mind, it is beneficial to eat whole foods.
5. Eat Antioxidant-Rich Foods – Examples of antioxidants include foods with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium. Namely, berries, nuts, cocoa, vegetables, and spices are great foods to find these. Beverages like coffee (1 cup a day) and green tea have some of the highest amounts of antioxidants.
6. Eat Foods High in Prebiotics – Eating a diet rich in prebiotics keeps your digestive system healthy, which is important for proper detoxification and immune health. These foods can not only keep your immune and detoxification systems healthy but work to strengthen your immune system. Good food sources of prebiotics include tomatoes, artichokes, bananas, asparagus, onions, garlic, and oats.
7. Decrease your Salt Intake – Consuming too much salt can increase water retention and promote toxin accumulation. Nevertheless, you can eliminate excess water — and waste — by increasing your intake of water and potassium-rich foods. Foods rich in potassium include potatoes, squash, kidney beans, bananas, and spinach.
8. Get Active – Regular physical activity lowers inflammation and allows your body’s detoxification system to work properly. Additionally, it helps your lymphatic system to get rid of everything it doesn’t need. Moreover, it is also great for your mind!
9. Reduce Toxins – Choosing natural cleaning products like baking soda over commercial cleaning agents can reduce potential toxicity in your home. Essential Oils are a great product to use in purifying your home. Air purification: Use a diffuser, fill up with water plus 7 drops of lavender and 4 drops tea tree oil. Home Purification Spray: 70% and up alcohol – ration 8 oz alcohol with 7 drops lavender + 7 drops tea tree oil
Equally important is choosing natural body care products. In general, using natural deodorants, makeups, moisturizers, shampoos, and other personal care products can reduce your exposure to chemicals.
Dry brushing and bathing in Epsom Salt are two bonus ways to detox your body (and your skin will love it!